Big news! I have been nominated for the Liebster award by Simonee of Tea Time Mom!
Thank you so much, Tea Time Mom! It’s always great to be recognized, but even greater that someone likes my thoughts enough to nominate me. That’s pretty much the essence of the Liebster Award. It’s an award for up-and-coming bloggers and nominees are selected by their blogging peers. This is a great opportunity for people to be “put on,” as well as a great opportunity for you to introduce your followers to other great blogs.
The rules of this award are as follows:
- Thank your blogger friend for nominating you
- Share the award on your blog and social media accounts
- Answer the ten questions you were given by your nominator
- Nominate 10 other new bloggers that you admire
- Notify your nominees via social media
Easy peasy, right?
Here’s what Simonee asked me and my responses:
Why do you blog?
I blog because my social media friends and followers would probably hate me for flooding their timelines with my thoughts. I also think it’s a great opportunity to connect with other people who share the same or similar interests.
How long have you been blogging?
I have been blogging off and on for over eight years. However, I’ve only had NichofTAIme running for a couple of years.
What is your passion?
My love for Christ is definitely one. Additionally, I am passionate about my family, my sorority, marketing, and learning as much as I can.
Coffee or Tea?
Coffee! Is it bad to admit that I have been drinking the stuff since I was in elementary school? I love Jamaican Blue Mountain roast with a little sugar and cream.
What is a really cool but little-known fact about you?
I am not a driver. People assume I drive because of my age, but nope.
Introvert or extrovert?
I am definitely an introvert. I think part of that is also why I began my blog. I get to talk to people without having to actually talk to people.
Where do you see your blog in 1 year? How do you plan to get there?
I actually have a very detailed outline for this, but I won’t get too deep. To keep it short, I want to increase readership significantly, make more connections and guest blog, and become a brand ambassador for some of my favorite brands. I have been working on these by doing A LOT of research and networking.
What is your favorite plug-in, app or blogging resource?
I’m not 100% sure this counts, but I cannot do without Canva. I’m not the graphic designer in my family, but I am pretty familiar with Adobe Creative Suite. I hate how long it takes to load and how slow it makes everything else. Using Canva, I can crank out an appealing blog graphic in five minutes.
What blogging groups are you connected to?
I am a member of the Influenster blogger network.
If you could have Tea (or coffee) with anyone living or dead, who would it be? Why?
If I really thought about it, the list would be a mile long. Because it says one, I’ll pick Toni Braxton. I pick her because she’s about the only celebrity for whom I would be starstruck. I admire her perseverance through all of the adversity she’s endured over the years. She has always been a favorite of mine, but I haven’t had the chance to meet her.
My Nominees are:
1. Firenza of The Girl With Big Hair
2. Christina of This Joyous Home
3. Jessica of Storied and Styled
4. Alecia of Inbetween Forever
5. Nikki of Comm Moms
6. Chrishana of Practical Wallet
7. Deja of Wanderlust Musings
8. Antonia of Mind of Miss Logan
9. Liselle of Lis Loves Truth
10. Jessica of A GorJess Journey
Here are the questions for my nominees:
1. How long have you been blogging?
2. What inspired you to begin your current blog?
3. What do you love most about yourself?
4. What is your favorite hobby?
5. What is one hair care product that you cannot do without?
6. What are a few long-term goals for your blog?
7. How much time did it take you to launch your blog after the initial idea?
8. What is your favorite quote?
9. Where is your favorite place to blog? Starbucks? Panera? Reading nook in your home?
10. Are you an “as you go” blogger or do you prefer to schedule ahead?
I look forward to reading your responses and nominee list soon. Thanks again to Simonee for nominating me!