I am so happy for this warm Maryland weather. It seemed like winter was holding on for dear life, but she is gone! Warm weather means sundress season, beaches, and amusement parks. For our family, it also means drive-in season! Continue reading “To Do In Baltimore: The Bengie’s Drive-In Theatre”
I love to travel! Time, budget, and my infant don’t always make room for jet-setting, but all isn’t lost. The advantage of living in Maryland is its close proximity to some pretty great places. This summer, why not explore a few of these. Here are a few of my favorites: Continue reading “Five Weekend Trips for DMV Residents on a budget”
What can be said about this AWESOME sandwich shop? The food is delicious, the atmosphere is one of a kind, and the shop itself is a hybrid of Subway, a swanky coffee house, and Soda Jerks on the Santa Monica Pier. Magically, this hybrid works!
Jon and I have loved Potbelly for as long as we have loved each other. Side story: Jon and I are foodies, but moreso when we were dating and not eating as healthy as we do now. My mom, sister and friend all had a game where they would guess restaurants/eateries Jon and I hadn’t visited. One of those places was Potbelly’s. So during an Ikea trip (I was still in college at the time), Jon and I decided to have lunch at the Potbelly next door. It was love at first bite! Since a location has opened closer to our home, we have been frequent visitors.
Here’s what I love so much about Potbelly:
- The simplicity of it all– The sandwiches on the menu have set recipes, which the employees know well (unlike Subway’s, but that’s another story). While there is a rumored secret menu, everything is pretty basic. Make no mistake, though. The sandwiches are not basic in the flavor department. There are also vegan/vegetarian options that I have never tried! Someone would have to let me know about those.
- The simplicity of it all- Yes, this is here again. The way the line works is pretty cool and easy. Everything is in reach as you walk through the line. Since there’s no glass to see which condiments are available, Potbelly has lists throughout the line.
- Live music– I’ve heard about this since my first Potbelly experience, but I experienced it just recently. There was a guy who did an awesome cover of Maroon 5’s Songs About Jane (aka the soundtrack of my high school years…no, really). Artists sign up for a spot and can perform for tips.
- You can figure out calories…at home– I’ve done this so many times! It allows me to eat what I want–without going over my daily calorie allowance. Everyone knows bad decisions are made when there was no preparation for them. You can avoid in-line decision making with this cool feature.
- You can order and/or eat at home– Potbelly makes it easy to place orders from home–and even get your food delivered (at participating locations).
I would highly suggest Potbelly for your occasional sandwich! I usually order a turkey breast sandwich on multigrain bread with mustard, lettuce and tomato. If you have a Potbelly favorite, let me know in the comments!